Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Tried to attach echo dot while putting in the information…

Customer Question
Tried to attach echo...

Tried to attach echo dot while putting in the information for wi-fi hit the wrong button now I cannot connect to my phone

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I can connect with other wi fi but not on myh phone

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

All lights are on none blinking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not have the guest password ***** I need to connect the main one

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
12/26/2017
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What device were you working with or handling, when you hit the wrong button - i.e., on what device did you hit the wrong button?

i was using my cell phone

OK... with your cell phone, were you entering the info for the Echo Dot device? if so, you need to try a reset of the Echo Dot device, which will wipe whatever wrong-connection data you entered in for the Echo Dot, off the Echo Dot device, and then you can begin the setup process over again, entering the correct data this time.

You reset the Echo Dot device, by using a paper-clip to press the RESET button, at the base of the Echo Dot device... hold the RESET button and wait for the light ring to go Off, then On again.

Let me know how that goes, please.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)