Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am in Japan and surely need my iPhone. I have not had any…

Customer Question
I am in Japan...

I am in Japan and surely need my iPhone. I have not had any problems till this afternoon. It tells me RENEW LEASE but won't assign a new IP address. I am able to get online with my laptop. I've tried resetting the network settings, getting online with a different online service besides the hotel where I am staying but still cant get online

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPhone?

Yes and the password ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

Im in a hotel room i don't know where the router is, but im online with laptop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Ive tried everything that i am googling for solution except totally resetting but i dont really want to do that if i dont have to

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
its pointless to send the answer on my phone........... hello!!!! it is not working!!!!!!!!!!!!
email me the answer
where is my answer...i have done a full reset and it still will not go online
12/24/2017
Network Technician: Pete, Networking Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Networking Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To renew the WIFI lease and get the iPhone back online:

1) Launch the Settings app from the Home screen and navigate to Wi-Fi.

2) On the right side of your wireless network, tap on the i button to bring up the settings for your Wi-Fi network.

3) Tap on the blue Renew Lease button at the bottom of the settings pane to reset your device’s IP address and to refresh your connection to the wireless router.

If there was an IP address conflict, this will now have been resolved and your internet connection should start to work again.

--------------------

Happy Holidays!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------