Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have an airport express (I think) or airport router. I'm…

Customer Question
I have an airport...

I have an airport express (I think) or airport router. I'm trying to install a firestick, but do not know the password ***** my router. Can you help me? Marian

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Apple, I think. It has an apple on it.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Looking for the pw, but I evidently didn't write it down.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I could give him my serial #, etc. for my imac if they need that.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
12/22/2017
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If your computer is an Apple, and if it is connected to the Airport router by WiFi/wireless, then you can get the password ***** it off the computer this way, I hope:

- open the Airport Utility by clicking on Applications then click on

Airport Utility.

- Click on your Airport device shown in the diagram and click Edit.

- Click on Wireless.

All the Wi-Fi settings can be found on this page. Including the WiFi password ***** passphrase, I hope!

If not, also try typing Keychain Access into Spotlight search, at the top-right menu bar.

And then in Keychain Access, in the sidebar, make sure you click on Passwords, then search for the network you want the password ***** and double click on it... and click on Show Password.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

I'm working on it, but probably won't be back to you until after Christmas. Will you be able
to help me then?

Yes, after Christmas is fine. You may get back to me then, by going to

http://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/avw96-airport-express-i-think-airport-router-i-m.html

Russell H., Internet and LAN