Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Need to retrieve password for new eqiptment. I don't think…

Customer Question
Need to retrieve password...

Need to retrieve password ***** new eqiptment

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

I don't think its evere been changed

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Have new laptop and need password

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
12/22/2017
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I presume it is a WiFi password ***** need, to configure your new laptop to connect to the WiFi router.

First be sure you have selected the right router.

Then go to an Apple computer that is connected to the WiFi router already, and do either of these:

- open the Airport Utility by clicking on Applications then click on

Airport Utility.

- Click on your Airport device shown in the diagram and click Edit.

- Click on Wireless.

All the Wi-Fi settings can be found on this page. Including the WiFi password ***** passphrase, I hope!

If not, also try typing Keychain Access into Spotlight search, at the top-right menu bar.

And then in Keychain Access, in the sidebar, make sure you click on Passwords, then search for the network you want the password ***** and double click on it... and click on Show Password.

If you don't have an Apple computer connected to the WiFi, then Reply to me as to whether you have a Windows PC connected to the WiFi already, or perhaps only a smartphone (if so, a Samsung / Motorola / Android smartphone, or an iPhone (or perhaps an iPad) ? .... and let me know, so that I may instruct you specifically for those particular cases.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.