Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Can't seem to find security settings on Roku player. There…

Customer Question
Can't seem to find...

Can't seem to find security settings on Roku player

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

There is no model # - just serial # and wireless code - it's one of the first Roku units sold.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I've just switched router from belkin to netgear - network works fine with a desktop and nook.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No, if they can help great, and thanks for your help

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2017
Network Technician: Karthik, System Administrator replied 6 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have know your network wifi password? if you are not aware of the wifi name. Could you please tell me how your desktop computer is connected to the network, Is it through WiFi or Wired? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and reconnect the Roku player to the network.

I have the password Desktop hardwired Do not correct, please send me directions in email.
  1. Press and hold “Windows Key + R” and the “Run” window will open.
  2. In the Run box, write ncpa.cpl and press Enter or OK and the Network Connection window will open.

3. To view the IP address of a wired connection, Right click Local Area Connection or Ethernet and click Status and click Details then look for the address next to "IPv4 IP Address and IPv4 Default Gateway.

Can I have those IP address?