Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I was having trouble with my wireless modem. Mediacom had me…

Customer Question
I was having trouble...

I was having trouble with my wireless modem. Mediacom had me bypass it, and I used the desktop to connect the internet. The modem was found to be the fault. When I tried to access the NETGEAR website to troubleshoot, the Compaq went down. It is flashing a black screen that looks like it is raining.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

When I purchased the new modem a month ago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes, a Dell laptop. The Compac is my desk top. I am a writer, and it has numerous documents I would be sad to lose. It may have been connected to my old modem, but I am not sure.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
12/19/2017
Network Technician: Karthik, System Administrator replied 2 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell what is the model number of the Netgear wifi modem?

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer