Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Have attached the yellow cord to modem and computer - it is…

Have attached the yellow...

Have attached the yellow cord to modem and computer - it is a long time since my modem has forgotten it has to work. Used to key in http//192.1.1 and it would bring up D Link. Then I would key in my User Name. Set up Wizard etc. Cannot get all this to work. Must have forgotten a first step, can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your D-Link router?

Actually it must have changed!!!! ASUS DSL-N55U DUAL BRAND N600 WIRELESS ADSL

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your D-Link router?

Nothing. I have attaches the yellow cord. Went to Internet Explorer and keyed in http//192.168.1.1 and can not get any further. I felt it used to then bring up D LINK and ask for User Name etc

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I have not done this before so I don't think so.

12/18/2017
Dan, Network Administrator

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Try this for me please. Click on your start icon and type command. When the selection appears, right click on it and select run as administrator. Let me know when you get to that point.

Dan, Network Administrator
to question below, than you. I am 80 on Wednesday so getting tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing more to add. Thank you

I will send you instructions shortly to begin the remote link setup.

Please click on the LINK below. Click I Agree on the disclaimer page and a small program will download to your computer. Click on it and allow it to run then follow the instructions to complete the remote link. You must be currently logged into the computer you need assistance with.

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO PROCEED

This concludes our remote service session. It was a pleasure working with you. Have a nice day!