Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I just bought an adapter to hook it up to my tv. I follow…

Customer Question
I just bought...

I just bought an adapter to hook it up to my tv. I follow the instruction to set the adapter, once is finish I hook it up to the tv but nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Misubushi

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No i go to the tv menu follow the instructions to hook up to network but nothing

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Mitsubishi? What happened right before this?

Is the first time trying the adapter. never used it before until now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Networking
12/18/2017
Network Technician: Pete, Networking Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Networking Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What are you trying to connect to the TV?

What adapter are you using?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

I am trying to connect a Wi-Fi dungle to the tv

What is the make and model number of the adapter dongle that you are using?

What is the model number of your Mitsubishi TV?

Dongle linksys ac1200 model wusb6300.
The t.v. is Mitsubishi 3D DLP Home cinema 742 series

That dongle should work ok on your TV.

When you follow the setup steps, does it complete successfully?

Does the dongle connect to your home wifi network ok?

What are you trying to access with the dongle?