Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I'm visiting my mother and need to get onto her wifi as well…

Hi, I'm visiting my...

Hi, I'm visiting my mother and need to get onto her wifi as well as to set up her Kindle which I got her for Christmas but she can't remember her login for her Netgear router. I can't remember how to reset the password. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

It

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

It's her p[assword and the only time I've ever changed it is when I come here and she can't remember it. Maybe 3 years ago? But she's moved in the past 6 months - I don't know why but the password ***** had before doesn't work now

12/17/2017
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Is there a laptop that is already connected to the wireless?

Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Great

go here to connect me; https://tinyurl.com/ya7ukeg6
This will download a file named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client
Double click on this file to run it and connect me remotely.