Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

How do I change my password to my wifi router? I didn't.

how do I change my...
how do I change my password ***** my wifi router?
JA: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?
Customer: I didn't. it's not protected and my default should be admin admin but it's not
JA: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?
Customer: yes it runs all of my in home wi-fi
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
12/17/2017
GeekGal
GeekGal, Network Administrator

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Can you please tell me who your Internet Service Provider is, and the brand and model of your Wifi router?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Spectrum. Asus wireless N750. RT-N65R

Thank you for that information. Please give me just a moment to research.

Do you have a computer that is connected to this router via ethernet cable? If so, open your browser and type in

192.168.1.1. Press enter. You should be able to login with admin as the username and admin as the password. If that doesn't work and you don't know the password ***** it has been changed to, it will probably be best to reset the wifi router to default settings so we can login and change the wifi password ***** anything else that you may want to change. Please advise.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am going to reset and start over. Thanks

You're welcome. Just press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds and it will restart. You can then login with ip 192.168.1.1 and admin and admin for the user name and password. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All done. Thank you

You're very welcome. Would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit

GeekGal
GeekGal, Network Administrator
GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Network Administrator