Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Trying to play Pandora and it says Network not connected…

Customer Question
Trying to play Pandora...

Trying to play Pandora and it says Network not connected even when the network is connected

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Pandora?

Yes. Network not connected

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Connection good.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
12/17/2017
Network Technician: R LAFAYETTE, Consultant replied 2 months ago
R LAFAYETTE
R LAFAYETTE, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using just answer! My name is ***** ***** I have been assigned to your question. I am reviewing your answers. While I do this may I know your name please?

What device are you using Pandora on may I ask? Smart TV, Mobile Phone, PC, Tablet?

Samsung tv

Ok terrific. Do you know the model? If not, let's go ahead and reboot the TV. To perform a full reboot on the Samsung please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all power to the TV.
  2. Locate the Power button of the TV.
  3. With the TV still off press and HOLD the power button for 45 Seconds then release.
  4. Re-attach power to the TV.
  5. Press Power Button.

If this does not work, please provide the model Samsung you have so that I may check to see if there are any firmware updates available.

Thanks talk soon.

Model is un50es6100. Only power button is on the remote that I can see.

Alright, no issue. This is what I have read from the model's product manual:

Before beginning, it's very important to make sure that your TV is OFF.

Take your Smart Remote in hand and simultaneously press Info + Menu + Mute + Power.

Next, enter the following sequence into your remote: Mute > 1 > 8 > 2 > Power.

Your television will boot up in service mode. Using your remote, go to Options > Factory Reset.

Your television will now turn off. Simply turn your device back on to proceed with the setup.

Please let me know the results, thank you.

Have you previously unplugged the TV, waited 45 seconds and reapply the TV's power cable?

OK. I did all of the above and reinitialized tv. The tv says it can't connect to the wifi even though all my other devices can.
Ok, let's try re-booting the wifi router. Simply locate the router and then proceed to remove the power for ten seconds then reattach power to router. This will request a new IP lease and allow access to network. Very nice 50 inch, looks awesome by the way.
R LAFAYETTE
R LAFAYETTE
R LAFAYETTE, Consultant