Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My wifi wont accept my roku box to stream? Says message

My wifi wont accept...

My wifi wont accept my roku box to stream?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Says message error and a number

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Power outlet

12/16/2017
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

When you run the Roku wireless setup it goes through 3 steps.

1. connect to wireless

2. connect to local network

3. connect to internet.

After each step has completed successfully you'll see a green

checkmark next to it.

On which of these steps does your connection fail?

connect to wireless

Thank you. In most cases that means an incorrect wi-fi password ***** ***** used.

Here's how to verify that the correct password ***** ***** used if you have a Windows computer

running Windows 7, 8 or 10, that is

already connected by wireless (not a computer connected directly to your router with a network cable)

On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key to the left of the spacebar

and press R.

The Run box will open.

In the text area type: ncpa.cpl and click OK

The Network Connections window will open.

Right-click on your Wi-Fi icon (the one with the green bars)

and select Status.

Click the Wireless Properties box.

Click the Security tab at the top.

Put a checkmark in the Show Characters box.

What you see to the right of Network Security Key is your wireless password.

It is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as you see it on your screen.

Let me know the result please.

Hello Byron, followed your instructions and everything worked, thank you kindly.

That's great to hear.
If you would like any additional information or assistance,
please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you could, please take a moment
to rate the service using the stars at the top of the page, then submit,
as that is how we are credited with assisting.
It would be much appreciated.

Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech