Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

How to change the wifi password. When it was set up. I've…

Customer Question
How to change the...

How to change the wifi password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

When it was set up

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I've tried the password ***** the box and i password ***** had set up and either one of them worked

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2017
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Do you have a computer connected to your wi-fi network now.

The password ***** be recovered from such a machine.

No i do it from my phone
No

If you don't have a wireless machine, do you have a computer that is directly connected to the router

with a network cable? A Wi-Fi password *****'t be recovered from a phone.

This has been no help
Network Technician: Isaac Franklin, System Administrator replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, System Administrator

Hi, i am Isaac and i will try to explain if you would like further help with this issue.

First, are you talking about your home wifi password ***** you are using on your devices at home/phone?

If you are, You cannot change that password ***** logging into the router itself.

For example, if you have a netgear router, you would type in a browser on your phone:

Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.

Then use the password ***** login it is set with unless you changed it. Then you would have to

physically alter the router itself. etc.

If you already know your login/password, you can do this still from the phone, but i do not

recommend using your phone. It will not offer as many options or ease of use such as your pc of some type.

There is also another way to reset, but it is less secure.

Would you like to continue to discuss this in detail to resolve together today?