Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have recently installed a Samsung 1T SSD and am running…

Customer Question
I have recently installed a...
I have recently installed a Samsung 1T SSD and am running Windows
10.
Previously I was running from an HDD with Windows 7.
I have a LAN with an Epson printer/scanner that is connected now to my LAN. I previously scanned from the Epson to the HDD.I’m not able to connect with the LAN and scan from the Epson on my Windows 10 SSD
I do not recall if I created a HomeGroup.I have only recently started using Windows 10.
When I click on Start it shows a Cortana search window.
I do not get a Homegroup page. It shows an Internet search for Homegroup topics.I need to verify that I have a Homegroup and then I need to share my Epson printer/scanner on my Windows 10 SSD.I need assistance getting my Windows 10 SSD networked and have another Windows 10 computer that I desire to get on my LAN along with my Epson printer/scanner.The problem appears to be my inexperience with Windows 10.
Please assist.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 2 days by:
12/18/2017
Network Technician: Dan, Network Administrator replied 4 months ago
Dan, Network Administrator

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Did you have a home network group setup prior to installing Windows 10?

Please let me know if you still require assistance by responding here and I will reply back as soon as possible.

I believe that I did. I still need assistance. I had a file of Passwords that I lost and do not have the Work Group and Homegroup. I do not see how to access info on windows 10.
I’m on Social Security and am handicapped.
Prior to being handicapped I built computers and did programming in Fortran, Basic and programming languages I have prepared commercial software for spectroscopic analysis of organic compounds in chemistry.
After becoming handicapped I have built no computers since 2007. I have used various Microsoft OS and was proficient with Windows 7 for many years.
I have had Windows 10 for about one year, but only started using it in the last two weeks or so.
Consequently, I’m on a learning curve for Windows 10 even in simple operations.
I subscribe to JustAnswer for assistance with various problems in computer hardware and operating system issues. I also use JustAnswer for legal topics and own US Patent 8,691,790 issued in 2014 and I’m in process of monetizing the patent.
I’m at the bottom of a learning curve for the Windows 10 OS. I’m not interested in paying extra for remote assistance to correct minor problems as that would not help me learn Windows 10 nor am I able to afford online assistance.
Two persons now have not been willing to provide information to resolve problems unless I paid extra for an online connection. Others have been willing to resolve problems with online assistance but not charging for the extra assistance.
Please advise if you are willing to provide information as in talking me through finding my Work group and Homegroup needed to log on to my LAN.
Let me know your willingness to assist.
Thanks,

I am going to opt out and let another expert attempt to assist you James. Good luck!

I was able to solve the problem.
Network Technician: Dan, Network Administrator replied 3 months ago

.

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer