Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I bought a computer in 4-15. I also bought Office and

Customer Question
I bought a computer...

I bought a computer in 4-15. I also bought Office and wireless remote router for the computer. It also has windows 10 program. Everything was working fine until about 12-6-17 when i had an update from microsoft over the internet. Now i have no wireless remote, I had to hookup a cable to the computer and router to get that to work. I completely lost all of my Office and any files I have will not open. I could not find office program or application to reinstall. I do have the Office disc. What do I do? signed Mr. Frustrated upset.

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Yes i can get the internet.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Ethernet is blinking yellow, the rest is blinking green.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
12/14/2017
Network Technician: Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer replied 7 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer

Hi JACUSTOMER-g9ydba6d,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with these issues. First, let's address the Office problem. Please follow these steps:

• In the bottom left corner of the computer, there is a search box. Type control panel and hit enter.
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Look for Microsoft Office in this list of programs. if it is in there, Click on it to select it, then at the top click "change". It should pop up and offer 2 repair methods. Try the first one which says it doesn't require an Internet connection first. Let the process complete and follow any steps it offers.

Let me know if that helps or if you don't see those steps. Then we can go to the next step or issue.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert