Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I need a password for xfinity wifi and mine isn't working…

Customer Question
I need a password...

I need a password ***** xfinity wifi and mine isn't working anymore

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

I don't remember

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

I have tried using my son's laptop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know..

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your Internet modem?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

it just says xfinity Dual-Band WiFi 802.11ac
It just sayd Dual-Band WiFi 802.11ac

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

I can’t afford $39.00 to fix it.
I
I live on Social Security.

I understand. Are any other computers connected to the wireless signal?