Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am trying to connect an airport express to a fine router.

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to connect an airport express to a bell fine router

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Sagemcom

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Trying to follow the instructions.it doesn't seam to find the router it is connected with an Ethernet cable

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really I am doing the set up on an iPad mini

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Networking
12/13/2017
Network Technician: Pete, Networking Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Networking Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To set it up:

1. Connect your router to the AirPort Express using the WAN Ethernet port.
  2. Connect your AirPort Express to your home stereo or powered speakers.
  3. Plug AirPort Express into the power outlet.
  4. Use AirPort Utility to create a new network.
That's what the instructions say but it does not connect to to modem.
I want to go from iPad to modem to airport to sound system

Can you try with a different modem to check if the problem is with the AirPort Express?