Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

He I have xfinity wireless. I have lost internet access on…

Customer Question
He Hello, I have...

He Hello, I have xfinity wireless. I have lost internet access on my laptop computers

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

It has remained since the installation

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes, I am connected (by ethernet) on one laptop, and by wireless on another. Both have lost the internet access.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Do you need my account number?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

If you plug a computer directly into the Internet modem, can you get online that way?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Nope, One laptop is directly connected one is connected by wifi, both have IP addresses, but both show no internet access.I can only access through my AT&T account
actually, it looks like it has repaired itself after some time waiting

Is it now working?

it has started working again.

Is there anything else that I can help with while you have me here?

Thanks, ***** ***** good. I was just worried that the network was not functioning. It appears to have reset and is now functional. I am good.Thank you

When this sort of things happens, the best thing to do is to unplug the power to the modem & router, plug the power back in, wait a few minutes, and continue.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com