Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Playing x box my nat type is moderate..Xbox said there are…

Customer Question
Playing x box my...

Playing x box my nat type is moderate..Xbox said there are certain ports that need to be open for Xbox live and to ck with server if these are open...the model number of my drink is 655...I understand it is discontinued...how to I find out about the ports open...Xbox gave me about 6 ports to ck on and I have a lust

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XBox? What have you tried so far?

I just purchased the new Xbox x so about a couple of weeks, have tried taking plug out and waiting 30 seconds and shutting down Xbox using console and waiting but does not change anything...there is a message saying UPnP not successful...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

No Do you want the list of ports that should be open?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I don,t understand what you are asking...are you going to answer the question or do I have to go somewhere else
12/11/2017
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 2 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

Please call me
I have already paid 32.00 and it is asking me to spend another 52.00...I haven,t had anyone call

Did you still want the remote assistance service you requested earlier?

Also, what is the make and model of your router?

The model number is ***** is a D Link...it asked me to pay 32.00 at the start...the Xbox person gave me a list of ports that need to be open for Xbox live to work properly..he said to make sure they are open..he gave me a list and said you could do it remotely...does that mean I have to pay another 52.00 for you to fix it?....I haven,t even had a call yet ..
What am I paying the 32.00 for?

There is an additional charge for remote assistance, however if you can login to your router you may be able to fix it by enabling UPNP on your router since, based on the error you describe, the XBOX is trying to communicate with the router using UPNP (which it can do to open the ports) but UPNP on the router may not be enabled.

Do you know the IP address of the router?

A message on my Xbox says upnnp unsuccessful....He said the ports that need to be opened are..88 udp, 3074 udp,and tcp, 53 udp and tcp, 80 tcp, 500 udp, 3544 udp, and 4500 udp
Sorry, message on Xbox says upnp not successful
If I pay another 52.00 can you fix it from there....I am 69 yrs of age and don,t know where to find all this stuff..if you can,t fix it I would like my 32.00 back

Yes, so to get UPNP working would be simpler than adding all of those ports to the router because there are some games that require different ports which UPNP would configure automatically so that you do not have to do it manually.

We could use your computer to get the IP address of your router. What is the operating system on your computer?

Yes, I can configure it from here by remote connecting to your computer then connecting to your router from the computer to make the configuration change.

This is not on a computer, it is on a monitor...and I only play the one game

Yes, I understand - the remote assistance would have to connect to a computer that I could then use to access your router and change the settings.

Is that possible? Do you have a computer available for the remote assistance session?

No, I don,t...it doesn,t work
Can,t you just open those ports I sent you?

Yes, but I need access to your router in order to open the ports.

It sounds like you don't have a way to access the router. However, depending upon the firmware version these routers usually have UPNP enabled which means there could be an error condition stopping UPNP from working and then also preventing UPNP from opening the required ports.

So what might resolve the issue is to power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your XBox after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please try that and let me know the result.

I did that already but only waited about 30 seconds and didn,t make a difference...i will try again and wait longer...

Ok, I am standing by.

No, did not work

Ok, then to open the ports and enable UPNP you will still need a computer to access the router configuration page and make changes. If you are communicating through this web page on a phone, you might be able to access the router through the phone as well to make the changes. Would you like to try accessing the router from your phone?

This is way too confusing for me...please refund money...I am going to leave it and talk again with xbox

Ok, I will let customer service know.

Thanks,

David.

Syseng
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer