Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Its saying it cant connect to our wireless network. our new…

Customer Question
Its saying it cant...

Its saying it cant connect to our wireless network. our new wireless (5.0) isn

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

Isnt showing up on the scan

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

Havent restarted the router. it takes a long time to "boot up" so was hoping to do it as a last resort....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Error code is 014.50

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Networking
12/10/2017
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 8 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.
Since the issue could be due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access, you should start troubleshooting by powering down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Do you need further assistance?