Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Trying to connect Velop to a modem that has a static IP

Customer Question
Trying to connect Velop...

Trying to connect Velop to a modem that has a static IP address. How do i get the router to pick up DHCP?

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Yes the other devises connect to the modem have internet access. Setup on the Velop is asking me to enter Static IP, Subnet, etc.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Blinking purple

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure.....

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 2 days by:
12/11/2017
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

Do you still need assistance?