Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My kindle stopped connecting to home network. Sees it as…

Customer Question
My kindle stopped connecting...

My kindle stopped connecting to home network. Sees it as strong but will not connect

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

A couple days. have done to wireless connection and hit to connect and get relpy failure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Home computer that I am on now connects fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
12/9/2017
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Please try these steps:

Unplug power from your router for 60 seconds and then plug it back in.

(this page will become active again when the router restarts)

On the Kindle:

Hold or slide and hold the power button down for 45 seconds.

Release and restart the Kindle and check if it will now make the connection.

Let me know the result please.

still says authorization failed
home network ! authorization failed but never asked for a password ***** the xfinity says authorizing forever and has the nerwork symbol

Sorry for the delay. Are you trying to connect to a wireless network names Xfinitywifi ?

tried that also just to see and the home network keeps saying authorization failed

Thanks. You will need to verify that you're using the correct wi-fi password.

Are you using a Windows computer that is connected to the wireless network?

(Not a computer that is wired directly to the router.)

believe it is

Thanks. Do you know what version of Windows is on the computer?

If you're not sure of your version, do
this:

On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key to the left of the spacebar and press R.

The Run box will open.

In the text area type: winver and click OK.

A window will open telling you which Windows you have. (XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10)

10
earlier it had asked me for the password ***** I entered it but it is not asking me anymore

Thank you.

Here are the steps to get

your network security key/wi-fi password ***** a Windows 10

computer that is already connected to your wireless network.

Right-click the start menu button and select Run

The Run box will open.

In the text area type: ncpa.cpl and click OK

The Network Connections window will open.

Right-click on your Wi-Fi icon (the one with the green bars)

and select Status.

Click the Wireless Properties box.

Click the Security tab at the top.

Put a checkmark in the Show Characters box.

What you see to the right of Network Security Key is your wireless password.

this will connect my kindle? do this from computer you are saying?

Please follow the instructions on your Windows 10 computer.

It will reveal to you the correct wireless password ***** use.

just see status next to Local Area Connection but not in Wireless network connection

Right-click on the wireless icon. Click Connect/Disconnect and see if you can get the wi-fi connected.

it is saying not connected

Are you using the wi-fi password ***** on the label of your Comcast router.

Previously I entered the password ***** our home network. nothing has asked me for a network since

Can I connect to your computer and get the password ***** you?

I need to go and can't work on this anymore right now but thank you for your help.

OK. Please save this page as a bookmark/favorite and we can continue when you return if you want.