Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

The problem is my Linksys router that I cannot get into to…

Customer Question
The problem is my...

The problem is my Linksys router that I cannot get into to get it to be WPA2

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

I never knew it..a friend had set it up for me and he is no longer in the area

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Not I

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to get into my router and know that whomever you connect me to is not trying to spam me and charge me to do this

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
12/8/2017
Network Technician: Karthik, System Administrator replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

hello...I have a Linksys router and it is a WRT54G. A friend set it up for me a few years ago but no longer lives around here. help me get into it so I can make it WPA2 so I can get my ipad online again...ugh!

I understand your problem and it is very simple issue, I will do my best to help you resolve it. Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me whether you have any Windows computer which is connected to the linksys router through WiFi?

The reason why I am asking is we can easily retrieve the WPA2 WiFi password ***** the router with the help of the computer.

------------------------------------------------------

If your Windows computer is already connected to the router through WiFi please try this following steps below:

1. Press and hold “Windows Key + R” and the “Run” window will open.

2. In the Run box, write ncpa.cpl and press Enter or OK and the Network Connection window will open.

3. Check Wifi adapter or Wireless network connection. Do a right click on the wifi adapter in that window click on Status and click wireless properties

4. You will be seeing 2 tab, Connection and Security.

5. Click on the Security tab

6. Uncheck the box which say show password

7. you will able to see the wifi password

8. Use that password ***** connect your iPad to the wifi network.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

As you request for the Secure Remote Assistance, but payment failed. You can also contact You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

I tried updating my card and it seemed to not have worked either that or they charged it twice....at any rate I am feeling uncomfortable about it.
are you still here...just tell me what to do.

Please don't worry about that, If there is any additional charge you will be getting refund. You can quickly check the payment related issue with our customer support by click the link below: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support