Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Trying to connect hp desktop 3056a to router ht2000w and can

Customer Question
trying to connect hp desktop...
trying to connect hp desktop 3056a to router hughes ht2000w and can get it to connect, can you help me thanks
JA: How long has this been going on with your 3056A?
Customer: been a year simce I had internet and did have centurylink before and it connected wireless right up but not to the hughes now
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/8/2017
Network Technician: Karthik, System Administrator replied 1 month ago
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me how you are trying to connect the computer to the Router, Is it through WiFi or Hardwired(Ethernet)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WiFi
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wireless, when and how will I get my answer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no, do not have $39.00 just need to know why it will not connect WiFi

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to. Do you have any other devices like Smartphone connected to the router? check if the wifi works properly or not.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My laptop and my iPad is getting wireless signal through router and they work ok

If the laptop computer is Windows, we can try to retrieve the wifi password ***** your Laptop. Please look in to the computer,

1. Press and hold “Windows Key + R” and the “Run” window will open.

2. In the Run box, write ncpa.cpl and press Enter or OK and the Network Connection window will open.

3. Check Wifi adapter or Wireless network connection. Do a right click on the wifi adapter in that window click on Status and click wireless properties

4. You will be seeing 2 tab, Connection and Security.

5. Click on the Security tab

6. Uncheck the box which say show password

7. you will able to see the wifi password

8. Use that password ***** connect your HP desktop to the wifi network.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have a HP desktop, I am trying to get the HP 3056a printer connected wireless to the Hughes router so I can hit print on my laptop and iPad to print on the HP 3056a printer

I am sorry, I thought it is a desktop. let us try this troubleshooting for connecting the router to the printer.

1. Turn on the printer
  2. Use Up arrow, choose Wireless and click OK
  3. Select Wireless Setup wizard (it will start searching the for the network)
  4. Select your Wifi name
  5. Enter your WiFi password

Please let me know, if the printer is connecting to the router or not. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Turn on printer and my got a button you push for wireless, push wireless button and comes up wireless menu 1 wireless off and 2 wireless setting and push ok and the wireless off/on reads wireless off and hit wireless setting and go to wireless setting and hit ok button and the wireless on button ok and wireless is on and then goes to WiFi protected and hit it and then ok and reads there are two ways to set up wireless using wireless protected set up and press ok and comes up WPS /push button/pin and hit push button and comes up press and hold the WPS button on router for 3 seconds and push a hold it in for the 3 seconds and let go and then pops up on printer connecting to network and counting down from two minutes and then after it counts down pops up WPS error press ok to continue and push ok and then rears print report yes/no push yes and printer starts like it printing but when paper comes out it blank do not have noting on it and there is a new color/black ink cartridges in it and you can make copies with printer so it working just will not connect wireless to the Hughes router. Any more suggestions?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
still waiting on my last question. Thanks

I am sorry for the late reply, I wasn't available for past 2days. Just now I saw your reply in this case once you select the wireless, are you able to see Wireless setup Wizard in the printer? because we try to connect the printer to the wifi network using Wireless Setup Wizard if that doesn't works we can go ahead choose the WPS option.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hughes support got it connected, thanks, ***** ***** get my $28.00 back now

I am a user of the site just like you and if you want to cancel this service. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I want my $28.00 back in my account, Hughes support got it going. Thanks
Karthik
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator