Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My router does not have the GHz listed. how can I find out…

Customer Question
My router does not...

My router does not have the GHz listed. how can I find out if my router is a 2.4GHz or a 5GHz router

Technician's Assistant: What device(s) are you connecting to your 5GHZ network?

Line indoor camera system. if calls for a 2.4GHz and not a 5GHz.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your router?

Followed the instructions that came with the cameras and I can make an internet connection and it asked me to make sure I am not connected to a 5GHz router and to connect to a 2.4GHz. your first response was that I am operating with a 5GHz, if that right. if so is there a way to connect my cameras to get online?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I think thats it. would like to see if I can get my cameras connected on line.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
12/7/2017
Network Technician: Karthik, System Administrator replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. May I know what is the make and model of the router? So that I can check whether router is a 2.4GHz or a 5GHz router?

Cisco model E1200
No

This router is a 2.4GHz router. Only one wifi network name will be appearing on all the wifi device.

Not sure what that means. I get a list of WiFi names and I select the one I want. I did select the right WiFi but it wouldn’t connect. That’s why I needed to know if my router matched the criteria. So if does. I have a 2.4 GHz router. Not sure why I can’t connect

Don't worry, Let me explain you clearly. E1200 supports only 2.4GHz and You can connect all your phones and computers to the 2.4Ghz network. Could you please me what is the make and model of the Camera? So that I can help you with connecting the Camera to the 2.4GHz network.

Make indoor model is Tend secure Lynx indoor

I found the instruction for setting up the camera to the wifi network

1. Download the Tend Secure App from the Apple App Store or the Google Play store. Use the search term “tendsecure” for the best results.
  2. Power your camera and make sure the light is flashing red and green.
  3. In your phone or tablet, open the WiFi settings.
  4. Connect to the camera’s WiFi, LynxIndoorXXXX - where XXXX are the last 4 digits of your camera’s Mac ID, as found on the back sticker of your camera.
  5. Launch your Tend Secure App. Your app should take you through the remainder of the setup process.

Have you followed this instruction for setting up the camera?

Keeps telling me that I lost connection with the camera so it tells me to check the camera SSID and relaunch the app. What is the SSID and how is it launched

Do you find any reset button on the camera?