Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I just bought a tablet and I'm trying to get online. I can't…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a tablet and I'm trying to get online. I can't seem to get into my wifi

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Android device?

It says xfinity but the passworn on the side of the unit comes up as the wrong password

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

No, haven't ever used it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Will I be able to hook up a laptop I'm getting my daughter for xmas?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
12/5/2017
Network Technician: Josh, Helpdesk replied 7 months ago
Josh, Helpdesk

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The password ***** you see on the router -- What is it labeled as?

password *****

Click here: http://www.xfinity.com/myaccount

Sign into your account

Click Settings on the top of the page. You can also click Manage Settings on the right-hand side or scroll down and select the Manage Internet tile.

Click WiFi Network & Password.

Scroll down to WiFi network & Password ***** click Edit. From here you can change your WiFi network's name and password.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!