Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My Viera shows the tv is connected to the router with the…

Customer Question
My Viera shows the...

My Viera shows the tv is connected to the router with the proper router name/type, ip address and subnet address, but will not go to the gateway. All other in home devices are able to use the router. Isn't there two buttons I can push on the tv/remote to reset? I have used the TV reset through the menu with no good results. Gary

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

I am trying to connect to Netflix which I can do through my other TV.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
12/4/2017
Network Technician: JustAnswer, CCIE replied 7 months ago
JustAnswer
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Network Technician: Dan, Network Administrator replied 7 months ago
Dan, Network Administrator

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Are you able to check the gateway address for me?

I had earlier requested, and paid for via credit, a phone reply that did not happen. Please call me ASAP. P.S., the tv will not now even locate the router, though all other devices can, and are using it.
If I do not get a call today, I will cancel my visa charge to you. As of now, your service is not acceptable, and I will notify both Panasonic and Visa. Gary Slumpff
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

Which values are shown on the tv for the following items?

IP Address:
Subnet Mask:
Gateway:

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason