Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have lost my cell phone. Can you help me find where it may…

Customer Question
I have lost my...

I have lost my cell phone. Can you help me find where it may be? I understand that there is a GPS tracking it. Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

I am not sure, and I don't have the receipts or information available. But I have a Maciphone that I believe is a number 4 series. I am not sure about options for an operating system.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

I believe I lost it on Saturday. When I try to call it it says it is not available, meaning, I think, it is out of power. I have looked everywhere at home and in the car, of course.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

The basic question is whether the phone is at home here in Clinton, WA, or somewhere else - and, if so, where, so I can try to track it down. Thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
12/4/2017
Network Technician: Kris R, CCIE replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, CCIE

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I lost the phone on Saturday, December 2

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris