Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I received an email on. December 1 indicating that I needed…

Customer Question
I received an email...

I received an email on

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

December 1 indicating that I needed to download some security updates. Is this from Netgear?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Microsoft Outlook

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. I am not willing to do something without being sure it is valid.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
12/4/2017
Network Technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer and networking professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

No this is not a legit email, this is a new phishing scam that has just started showing up in the last couple days. Please do not click any links in the email and just delete it and you will be fine. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist