Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My grace digital radio does not want to stay connected to my…

Customer Question
My grace digital radio...

My grace digital radio does not want to stay connected to my wireless router. I have tried resetting the radio and the router without success any suggestions

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

Very strong. All of my other wireless devices are working fine

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your Digital and your router?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
12/4/2017
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the wifi router you are using?

Thank you

Arris DG1670. WPA2-PSK (AES) is enabled.

Thanks

Can you please remove the power to the Arris, wait 5 minutes, connect the power and tell me how the radio then works please

Arris dgNo thanks

No thanks to doing the instructions I gave you? Why would you not do them?

No thanks to letting you remotely control my computer.I have power cycled the modem several and had the provider check and reboot remotely. I have power cycled the radio and done a master reset. I have had it make connection intermittent and once when the modem was open.

How did you do the master reset?

I did it per the instruction online. I turned off the power then held the down the large scroll button and reenergized the radio. I held the button down until the radio indicated that the reset was complete

ok, on the back of the Arris router is a reset button.

Push and hold it in for 5 seconds then release.

Wait 5 minutes and tell me how the radio then functions please

Sorry for the delay. Spent most of the day away from the unit. I had the provider do a check and reset from their end and everything is OK. I have several other wireless devices (Ipads and phones) that are working fine. Doesnt seem likely that it is the router. Radio seems to lose the network intermittently. Seems to be OK now, but have seen a message on the unit several times tonight that says the network is disconnected.

Thank you

It is the wireless adapter in the radio then that has faulted, this is the only cause remaining

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Network Specialist