Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I cannot locate the password for our wi-fi router. We named…

I cannot locate the...

I cannot locate the password ***** our wi-fi router. We named the network and somehow never recorded the password. My wife now has a new phone Applle 7 and we need the password ***** download various apps to her new phone. The network is on my phone, an apple 6 and our laptop.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

We never changed it, the password ***** originally set up when we installed the new router a couple of years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

I'm connected now from this laptop and my Iphone.

12/4/2017
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me what version of Windows you have on the laptop? Your Wi-Fi password ***** be recovered

from it.

windows 10

Thank you.

Here are the steps to get

your network security key/wi-fi password ***** a Windows 10

computer that is already connected to your wireless network.

Right-click the start menu button and select Run

The Run box will open.

In the text area type: ncpa.cpl and click OK

The Network Connections window will open.

Right-click on your Wi-Fi icon (the one with the green bars)

and select Status.

Click the Wireless Properties box.

Click the Security tab at the top.

Put a checkmark in the Show Characters box.

What you see to the right of Network Security Key is your wireless password.

Let me know the result please.

Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Thank you

From your windows computer, Click this link

http://tinyurl.com/RapidSupport12

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Open/Run the program (teamviewerqs.exe) and it shows you Your ID and Password.

Give me the numbers for Your ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Please call me at the number on your screen or send me your number and I'll call you.