Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I need to do firmware update, but have reset PW. Is there a…

Customer Question
I need to do...

I need to do firmware update, but have reset PW. Is there a way to retrieve the password?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

At the time of last firmware update I believe.

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes I have from this desktop PC.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
My router is a NetGear Nighthawk and I just need to know if there is a way to retrieve my password ***** I did change it from the standard PW=password
12/3/2017
Network Technician: Dan, Network Administrator replied 7 months ago
Dan, Network Administrator

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please let me know if you still require assistance and I would be happy to help you.

Thanks for the response. I do not need assistance as I have already solved the problem. Unfortunately I had already paid my $36 before I realized that I could have used the site free for seven days for the answer--an answer I really did need in the end as I solved my own problem. Bummer!!!!

Please feel free to contact customer service with any issues you might have. Have a nice day! *****@******.***