Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I cannot get past the part on the set-up where it asks for…

Customer Question
I cannot get past...

I cannot get past the part on the set-up where it asks for me to choose a network. I have xfinity by Comcast and a Belkin modem for tv and wifi but it will not accept what I put in and will not let me move on.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your e-reader?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes a tv, phone computer and tablet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I have had the Kindle for years and have never had an issue so I'n not sure what's up?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the exact error or message?

What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do also you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Does your Kindle have touchscreen?

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) for the model of it?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.