Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I just upgraded my hardware to use a new Cisco modem/router…

Customer Question
I just upgraded my...

I just upgraded my hardware to use a new Cisco modem/router and lost the ability to connect my personal router and an external harddrive. Can you instruct me how to reconnect the router and harddrive?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Cisco router?

I had it written down here but not finding the note. I will take it off the modem in the other room. Just a moment please.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

DPC3941T

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I only tried to use the USB port on the new modem/router and discovered it is not connected.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 6 days by:
12/8/2017
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 8 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

I am sorry to report that the usb ports on that new modem do not support USB Hard Drives. When you purchase a new modem or router, you will first need to verify that the make and model works with usb hard drives. Does your hard drive have any network ports built into it?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason