Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Trying to connect Sony BRAVIA TV to the internet using Sony…

Customer Question
Trying to connect Sony...

Trying to connect Sony BRAVIA TV to the internet using Sony BRAVIA Internet Video Link. I know I have an internet signal to the Video Link but I can't get the TV to connect to the internet. I've tried entering IP information manually but still nothing. Any idea where the issue might be?

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

Netflix eventually. Right now I'm just trying to get the DMex working.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

I have an ethernet cable plugged into my router. The enternet is connectd to a netgear powerline 1200 network extender (uses the wiring in my house to get an ethernet connection to another location in the house). I have the companion netgear powerline 1200 next to the TV. I take the ethernet cable from the netgear to the Bravia Internet video link. I've confirmed the internet connection works by plugging a computer into it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No - I think that's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
12/1/2017
Network Technician: JustAnswer, CCIE replied 7 months ago
JustAnswer
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
hello?
Waiting for someone to contact me at(###) ###-####
Hello - I paid my money. Is someone going to contact me?
It has been 10 minutes
this is crazy
Really disappointed. I paid you my money and almost 2 hours no tech help.