Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I cant remember my security answer for my netgear wifi

Customer Question
I cant remember my...

I cant remember my security answer for my netgear wifi extender to recover my info I only know 1 of 2 answers to the questions

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Netgear router?

Ex6100

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Ac750 the model number and that's all I'm basic and this is frustrating

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
12/1/2017
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What sort of info do you need, to recover from your Netgear WiFi Extender, please?

Admin and password, then I tried to recover them but they have two security questions and I can't remember one of them so I'm screwed

You may have to reset the range extender back to factory condition settings, then set it up all over again.

Setup is actually rather easy, when you know how to do it (and have the right information for your main router.)

Would you like those instructions? for reset and reconfigure.

please that would be great that's all I want to do is to restore it back to factory settings and reregister my account

OK. Locate the reset button (often inside a recess or little hole, or sometimes a not-very prominent button on the range extender.)

Hold down that reset button on the range extender (NOT on anything else! just the range extender) for at least 30 seconds continuously, then release it.

It should now be back to factory-issue settings.

Do you know how to proceed from there? the login to the admin or Setup account should be do-able with the default password, etc.