Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I just got a new TV with SMART features. Since I already…

Customer Question
I just got a new...
I just got a new TV with SMART features. Since I already have a anetgear Router, Can I use it for the computer attachment to the TV? I can't remember the password. How do I change that? Enough for now. THANKS.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
11/30/2017
Network Technician: Nathan, System Administrator replied 7 months ago
Nathan, System Administrator

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Your smart tv requires an internet connection. Your existing netgear provides you with a wifi connection, but you do need to know your home wifi network to input that into the tv fo the initial setup.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.