Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I CANNOT REMEMBER MY WIFI PASSWORD. IT HAS BEEN SEVERAL

Customer Question
I CANNOT REMEMBER MY...

I CANNOT REMEMBER MY WIFI PASSWORD.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

IT HAS BEEN SEVERAL YEARS AGO. I ACTUALLY HAD TO PURCHASE A NEW ROUTER AND IN SETTING IT UP DID NOT WRITE THE PASSWORD *****

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

YES I THINK SO. THIS COMPUTER WOULD BE ON THE ROUTER UNDER THAT PASSWORD.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

NO, BUT WILL APPRECIATE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
11/30/2017
Network Technician: UranNet, Network Administrator replied 7 months ago
UranNet
UranNet, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Can you please let me know make and model of your current wireless router? It should be listed on the label on the bottom or on the side.

If you have Windows PC connected to the router already and it can access internet, then you need can login to router directly and find WiFi password. Or if you unable to login to the router - you can reset it and set password *****

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.