Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I don't remember my password for my wifi so my niece can get…

Customer Question
I don't remember my...

I don't remember my password ***** my wifi so my niece can get on her computer

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

Don't remember

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

We both have Apple

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
11/29/2017
Network Technician: Ashik, PC Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, PC Technician

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Is your computer currently connected to your WiFi network ?

You can recover the WiFi password ***** the Keychain Access application of your Mac.

1. On your Mac, click on the Search/magnifier icon at the top right of screen. Type Keychain Access and this will show Keychain Access app.
  1. Open Keychain Access application.
  2. Select “Passwords” under the category
  3. Double-click on your network (WiFi) that you want to see the password (or type your network name at top right search in Keychain). Double click on your WiFi name
  4. Select the “Show password” checkbox
  5. Enter your administrator username and password ***** you can see the password *****

You can use that password ***** connect the device to your WiFi network.

Refer this article --> http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/05/18/how-to-find-a-wi-fi-password-on-mac/

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.