Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Our network has two domain controllers. One is a WS2003, the…

Customer Question
Our network has two domain...
Our network has two domain controllers. One is a WS2003, the other WS2012. The WS2003 machine failed due to a power surge and now we can't login to other servers or computers on the network. I imagine I have to tell the network to use only the WS2012 machine but how?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
11/28/2017
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think that means configuring the WS2012 machine as Primary Domain Controller.

But do you have the ability to log in to that machine, as Administrator? that will be necessary for sure, to do such a reconfiguration.

I already did, but see no way to correct the situation.

What was it that you already did, please, exactly? logged in as Administrator? or set the extant machine remaining as the Primary Domain Controller?

I logged in as administrator but I forgot where you change the controller status.

OK, give me a moment to prepare exact instructions for you, please... stand by...

First, start the Active Directory Domains and Trusts Console. (It's in your Microsoft Management Console, or MMC.)

Look for the 'current status' displayed there, tell me what it is, please.

It says the configuration information describing this enterprise is not available

Select the domain name first, please.

What do you mean?
No domains are listed.

Then I am sorry to say that this is a situation that someone else here should handle - with regrets, and apologies, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

Okay, we brought in a local network tech and he has solved the issue.