Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

We have the netgear wireless camera system and I have been…

Customer Question
We have the netgear...

We have the netgear wireless camera system and I have been trying to get the base station to connect to the computer by the program is not finding it.

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

The ethernet cable is connected. but the arlo program is not showing the base when trying to add it as a device.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Power light on. us/ds light on. online light on. 2.4ghz light on. tel 1 light on. and 5ghz light blinking. = router lights.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

The system was working fine before. We had issues with a few cameras not showing on the program so when I tried to connect them to the base, the base was not finding the cameras. I have reset the Netgear base and this did not seem to help. So I naturally thought that removing the Netgear base from the Arlo program would help with resetting. But yet again, this did not help either. Now the Arlo program cannot even find the Netgear base for the cameras.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
11/27/2017
Network Technician: Pete, Networking Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Networking Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What is the model number of your Netgear wireless camera system?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Model Number VMB3000
Your initial message was sent to me at 4:24am.

Sorry, I am not sure what time zone you are in.

You say you are getting a US/DS light on the VMB3000 base station which tells us it is connected to the internet ok, so it is possible a firewall setting is restricting the base station.

Check your router settings and confirm the appropriate ports are not blocked. Also consider a factory reset of the base station and then try connecting to it again.

Let me know if that works?

I already did a factory reset and that did not help.

If a factory reset did not help then you will need to check your router settings and confirm the appropriate ports are not blocked.

How do I accomplish that? Through settings on the computer?

No, you will need to access the router's configuration page following the instructions that came with the router, to open the ports that are required by the VMB3000.