Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Error msg. 51330, wii, setting up new wifi, today, no

Customer Question
Error msg. 51330 Technician's...

Error msg. 51330

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your game system?

Wii

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Wii? What have you tried so far?

Setting up new wifi, today

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
11/27/2017
Network Technician: Karthik, System Administrator replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

thx, yes

It sounds like you are getting error message 51330 in the Wii device. This error message will come on the device when,You are unable to connect to the Internet and you receive the error code 51330. Some time this error code indicates the authentication process between the Wii and wireless router or access point failed. This is often caused by the router refusing a connection because an incorrect security key or security type has been entered into the Wii Internet settings. This may also occur as the result of wireless interference. Could you please tell me what is the distance between the Wii and WiFi modem/router?

2 feet

Have you check whether you are able to go online on the all the other device like phone and computer?

In this case can you try Change the security type in the Wii System Settings to WPA2 - PSK (AES) and test your Internet connection again. Please follow the instruction given below.

1. From the Wii Menu, use the Wii Remote to select the "Wii" button.
  2. Select "Wii Settings" to access the "Wii System Settings" menu.
  3. Using the arrow on the right side of the screen, move over to the second page and select "Internet."
  4. Select "Connection Settings."
  5. Select the connection file you wish to edit and then select "Change Settings."
  6. Using the arrow on the right side of the screen, move over to the second page ("Type of Security").
  7. Select WPA2 - PSK (AES).
  8. Select the white box that appears and then use the onscreen keyboard to enter your wireless network's password ***** select "OK" when complete.
  9. Select "Save," and then "OK" to start a connection test.
  • If the Wii detected the incorrect security type during the initial set-up, simply updating this setting within your existing Internet connection may resolve the issue.
  • If this setting was already pre-selected as WPA2-PSK (AES) try the connection test again, prior to continuing to the next step.
it s testing connection and will not allow me to access any other screens

Try restarting the Wii and Try the previous troubleshooting again.

i have a key/password ***** WPS PIN or GUI address or Admin user name or Admin password. Which do i use?

I think you can use Key/password.

I cleared all settings and started from scratch. It works now. Thanks.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, Please let me know and It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, Is there anything else I may assist you today?

Is there anything else I may assist you today?