Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have forgotten my pass word for my router. I have the

Customer Question
I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my pass word for my router. I have the Linksys AC1200+.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

I haven't changed it.

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

It was from my desktop but its been a while since I hooked everything up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I still have my pass word for WIFI. Is that it for my router?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
11/26/2017
Network Technician: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello there, the password ***** Wifi is to join your Wifi network

If that doesn't work then look on the bottom of the router for a label with the WPA key or word like that.

Failing that, you can look at your password ***** a laptop that's connected to the Wifi. What version of Windows are you using please?

If still no luck, then you'll need to connect to the router and go to the admin page where you'll see your Wifi SSID (Wifi network name) and the password ***** you are looking for.

Thank you but I have solved my problem.
Don't require assistance anymore.
What did you do please as was my advice what helped you to solve your problem?
How do I cancel any future payments? I had only this one problem and it has been solved.
I am requesting to cancel.