Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am having a really hard time getting my vpn to connect.

Customer Question
I am having a...

I am having a really hard time getting my vpn to connect. I'm using the Win10 vpn, with pre shared key. The odd part is - if I use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop, I can connect. If I am on my EA8500 router it says the server is not responding.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your laptop?

Yes, I use it all the time for internet access

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

Not sure - its one floor down

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Router works fine except for VPN connect - it fails 9 out of 10 times - but it does work once in a while

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
11/25/2017
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

I believe that is a Linksys Router and May I know who is your Internet Service provider?

it is Linksys. ISP is Service Electric Cable. Cell phone is thru Verizon.
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

CAn I troubleshoot with this issue remotely?

No, I don't want to do that
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay, what is the ip address of your computer now.

192.168.0.203
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Can you please login into Linksys smart WiFi

I'm having trouble finding credentials - I'm just going to re register
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay

Now it wants to access the router
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Type the router password ***** admin

It keeps bringing me back to the page that say goto linksyssmartwifi.com and login
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Is it saying as access router?

This doesn't seem to be working at all. I will look for some other solution.
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

If you do not wish to utilize our services, you can Customer Support via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for

contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help to request a refund.

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer