Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I am with AT&T U-verse. The router? is a Cisco VEN601. It's

I am with AT&T U-verse...
I am with AT&T U-verse. The router? is a Cisco VEN601. It's connected to an AT&T U-verse Motorola NVG589. I was wondering if I bought a WiFi extender, would my Roku streaming stick work faster/better? FYI, I'm a novice.
JA: When did you last update U-verse?
Customer: I personally never updated U-verse but it was installed 3 years ago. I don't know how to do that, would I call AT&T tech support?
JA: What have you tried so far with your U-verse?
Customer: Nothing, that's why I'm asking first.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No but thanks
11/22/2017
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No, I'm just curious if an extender would help, and if it would help, what brand you would recommend.

Hi, I would like to check the specifications of your products first, so please hold I'll be with you shortly.

Yes, a range extender would definitely boost the WiFi signal strength, In order to suggest you an appropriate one let me check the specifications first.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Are you still checking or is my session over?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
You are so smart and helpful. Thank you!!

Where it is a Triband(advanced WiFi technology broadcasts WiFi in 3 channels) .

And it is an AC standard extender which would support high speed and compatible to all the routers.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating.
And thank you so much for contacting Just Answer.
You can also directly write back to me
https://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-suhasini/
I wish you have an awesome day ahead!

Suhasini Velu
Suhasini Velu
Suhasini Velu
Suhasini Velu