Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a Apple TV Remote and it won’t turn on. I do not have…

Customer Question
I have a Apple...

I have a Apple TV Remote and it won’t turn on

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

I do not have the model

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Everything and we got it 4 year ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Network Technician: Nathan, System Administrator replied 7 months ago
Nathan, System Administrator

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you see a white light on the front of the appletv box?
Have you replaced the battery in the remote ever?

I do not have Model

I actually did not ask for one, but it is noted on the appletv box itself on the bottom, it would be helpful if you can get it.

Can you please provide the specific details I requested above?

Network Technician: Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant replied 7 months ago
Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant

If it has a lightning port plug it in to recharge it for about an hour if not and you are sure the battery is fine:

1. Simultaneously press the Menu and Volume Up buttons.
  2. Hold for 2-3 seconds.
  3. Your remote should reset and return to pairing mode.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.