Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Netgear Genie home page flashed a new firmware upgrade. I…

Netgear Genie home page...

Netgear Genie home page flashed a new firmware upgrade.

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular NETGEAR router?

I download ed the upgrade and no longer connect to the router.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

My pasdword no longr r works.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Now a windowcommand procesdor message pops up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I.m communicating through an old cell phone. Please help

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Netgear device? Please check at the back / bottom of it.
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Window 8

Is it asking for the Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** network security key? Or is it something else?

Do you have an extra Ethernet / network cable?

I do
Now what

Can you please connect the extra Ethernet / network cable from the computer to an empty port on the Netgear device.

- Then see if the internet works on the computer via wired connection for now.

In the port that the modem connects to the router or one of the other ports?

Please keep the modem connected to the router as normal.

Please use the extra Ethernet / network cable to connect the computer to one of the other ports (the LAN / Ethernet ports.)

Home screen of the netgear genie is adking for for admin password.
Which No longer works

Is the Internet working with the computer now via wired connection?

Unable to connect is the message
It brings me to the netgear log in page

Have you tried the username admin and the password password?

Login failed

Please use a pin or paperclip to press and hold the Reset button at the back / bottom of your Netgear device for about 12 seconds, then wait a few minutes, and try again.

All previously used passwords fail

OK. Please use a pin or paperclip to press and hold the Reset button at the back / bottom of your Netgear device for about 12 seconds, then wait a few minutes, and try again.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you

Power light is red as is the port light that the computer is plugged into

OK, close internet on the computer, then re-open internet on the computer, then does it ask for admin password ***** and/or does it ask to set up?

All lights are on and computer says connected, but computer is not connecting to a website.

go to the site below and check:

http://192.168.1.1

User name and password *****? For website

username is admin and password ***** password

How do I change the password ***** connect devices to the best channels?

Don't try to change password ***** just follow the steps to see if internet works on the computer first.

I was able to connect to chess.com

Can you open your email on your computer now?

No. I can not connect any more

Can you go to the website below on the computer:

http://192.168.1.1

Then go through the setup Wizard there?

I got there then it jumped to the netgear log in and I lost connect

After logging in, what does it show?

Windoe command processor

Restart your computer and try again.

No internet connection

Please go to the website below on the computer:

http://192.168.1.1

, then does it ask to login with username and password?

Message - you must log in to this network before you can access the Internet

Do you mean when you go to the website http://192.168.1.1 on the computer, it says "You must log in to this network before you can access the Internet"?

It is back to the beginning again
Because that "window command processor" message popped up

Press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type iexplore then click OK

- Then the Internet Explorer program should open. Then see what it shows in the Internet Explorer program.

Error http 404 not found

Can you please go to the website http://192.168.1.1 in the Internet Explorer program, and see what it shows there, thanks.

Error

Click on the small wireless / network icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then select the Wi-Fi / wireless network name called NETGEAR... and see if you can connect to it.

Not through internet ecplorer
But I can through Firefox

Does the Internet work in Firefox on the computer?

But when I go to the netgear genie and click on wifi
The window command processor pops up and the connection is lost

1. Press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type devmgmt.msc then click OK, then the Device Manager window should open.

2. There, double-click on the section Network adapters in order to open / expand it.

3. Then right-click on each of the items under the section Network adapters, then click on Uninstall, then click on Yes to confirm.

4. Once the section Network adapters is gone, then shut down / restart the computer.

5. Wait a bit, then then select the Wi-Fi / wireless network name called NETGEAR... and see if you can connect to it. Does it connect?

; (Do not open Netgear genie for now.)

Ok I connected.
One last thing.
How do I change the passwords to my access points and repeaters.
I also don.t see my 5GHz frequency

Great. You can log in at the website http://192.168.1.1 then click on the Wireless option, then change the passphrase / password ***** 5ghz is only available if both your router and your wireless device support it; otherwise, you can just use the 2.4ghz fine.

If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

Viet - Network Tech