Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I continue to have problems connecting my fire to my home

hello, i continue to have...
hello, i continue to have problems connecting my fire to my home network. this is a recent problem from the last couple of months. There are no problems connecting with any other devices in the home. I have even brought the kindle down by the modem. the message i get is "authjenication problem". I use ATT
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Its a Kindle Fire. I think I'm on the wrong tab. can you turn me over without my having to re type everything?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: a couple of months. I have only turned off and on the fire
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, only that sometimes it will say I have a good connection, but then the next message is that there is an authentication problem
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Please restart your Kindle Fire. Does your Kindle Fire ask for the Wi-Fi / wireless password?

What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do also you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
modem/router 5268C fxn
My son has a Mac laptop that is connected
I restarted the Kindle. It shows that modem ID, but says that there is an authentication problem
for the record, it will let me use my phone as a hotspot
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Never mind, I don't want secure remote assistance

Please ignore the optional secure remote assistance offer; I will help you with written instructions here.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
thank you

You're welcome. On your Kindle Fire, please go to the Wi-Fi / wireless option, then tap on your modem's Wi-Fi / wireless network name, then select the option Forget.

- Then tap on your modem's Wi-Fi / wireless network name again, then see if you can connect.

- Note: Wi-Fi / wireless passphrase / key / password ***** *****

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Sorry, that was not successful. It looked like it might work and said everything was "saved", then went back to the message, authentication problem.

1. In Wi-Fi settings, tap on your modem's Wi-Fi / wireless network name, then select the option Forget again.

2. Press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle Fire for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on.

3. Check at the back / bottom of your modem for the Network Key (or Wi-Fi / wireless passphrase / key / password.) (It is case-sensitive.)

4. In Wi-Fi settings, tap on your modem's Wi-Fi / wireless network name, then enter your network / Wi-Fi password ***** key and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I'll try it

OK, then let me know the result. I will troubleshoot further if there is still issue. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I seem to be connected for the moment. I'll see if that will hold. Thank you for your help.

You're welcome. Great. If there is still issue, you can also disconnect the power cord from the modem for about 3 minutes, then re-connect. Then wait a few minutes, then forget the network name again, then re-connect, and check. You can always get back to me later on as needed.

Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top right of this page, then click on Submit on the right. Thank you very much,

Viet - Network Tech
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I certainly will. I tried before, but was unable.

OK. I've emailed you, so you can always get back to me as needed. Thank you.

Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech