Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Re wifi, on my tablet, 2.4 and 5G networks appear as

Customer Question
Re wifi, on my...

Re wifi, on my tablet, 2.4 and 5G networks appear as available, but on my laptop, only the 2.4 appears. Is this related to the laptop capabilities on something else?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's a Lenovo Z565 - about 6 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just noticed the availability of 5G on the tablet. So tried to access it from laptop yesterday but it did not appear in the list of available networks.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
11/20/2017
Network Technician: Cabletech, Helpdesk replied 7 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Helpdesk

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to help you with your Wifi question

Give me just a moment to review your notes!

It could be the laptop itself. I would be happy to provide you some instructions to verify the type of network adapter to report back to me or we could setup a remote session and I could verify the network adapter to see if it could connect by 5G. It could be a driver issue or it could just be the type of the wireless card.

Are you still online to troubleshoot?