Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

My new router stopped working and I need to try to use an

old extra one I have...
My new router stopped working and I need to try to use an old extra one I have, can you help me to set it up? It is Netgear N600 wireless dual band router WNDR3400v3
11/20/2017
Damian Costa
Damian Costa, System Administrator

Hi...My name is ***** ***** a veteran technician expert with over 20yrs of experience...I have more questions first before we begin

OK...but this would need to be a phone call and remote session

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have the router plugged in, my problem is setting up the admin I think.

The Netgear N600 router is plugged in?

Damian Costa
Damian Costa, System Administrator
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
it is. My phone is now working but my television -sling and netflicks is not. It is asking for a password.

Got it...and you are communicating with me via your phone?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I am

Do you have a laptop OR computer you can connect WIRED to the router?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
My computer is also working.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
My computer is also working. I just don't know where to get the network password ***** this router. It is coming up as netgear72
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
There is another option for netgear72-5g.

Routers now a days have 2 frequencies they put out

a 2.4ghz

and a 5.0ghz

You can use either

Step 1...go look at the side of the router itself...you are looking for a wireless code for each respective signal (use the correct corresponding one...let me know how it goes)

In other words...if you tell the TV to go to the 5ghz connection...ensure you are using the corresponding 5ghz password ***** the side of the router

Conversely...if you tell the TV etc to use the 2.4ghz wireless connection....then of course use the 2.4ghz password ***** the side of the router

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I'm good. I got it. Thanks. By the way, you did not assess my computer remotely, therefore I don't want to pay the $39. I would like to complete the transaction and pay the rest of what I owe. The $19 something. Thank you.

OK

Damian Costa
Damian Costa
Damian Costa, System Administrator